When we accessing the asp website, sometimes we will get the following error.
It indicates that CDONT(Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) for NTS) is not installed in the server.
1. First Download the CDONTS.ZIP file from the following URL.
2. Unzip the file CDONTS.DLL and put in.
For 32-bit systems:
%systemroot%\system32 folder (by default C:\Windows\system32).
For 64-bit systems:
%windir%\syswow64 (by default C:\Windows\syswow64).
3. Register the CDONTS.DLL component in the server using the following command:
For 32-bit systems:
For 64-bit systems:regsvr32 “%systemroot%\syswow64\cdonts.dll”
4. Once the CDONTS.DLL component is registered, you should check if your SMTP service is running.
Go to Administrative tools, IIS and Expand your local machine. If the SMTP service is listed, it means it is already installed, if not you should install this service.
To install SMTP, do the following:
Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, Application Server, IIS, Select SMTP service, Click OK.
5. Change the port number for the SMTP service. The default port is 25. Use 25 only when no other SMTP service is running. If there is already another SMTP service running on the server, change the SMTP port of IIS, for example to port 8025.
You can make this through IIS management console: Control Panel, IIS, expand `local computer`, SMTP, Properties, General, click Advanced button, Edit.3
6. Set up SMTP service. Most important is setting up a fully qualified domain name for the SMTP service: Control Panel, IIS, expand `local computer`, SMTP, Properties, Delivery, click Advanced button and set up Security service for SMTP.
It is required to give permissions to IIS_WPG standard IIS Worker Process Group. Control Panel, IIS , expand `local computer`, SMTP, Properties, Security, click Add button, then click Object types button…, select Groups element, click OK, enter IIS_WPG as object name to add and click OK.
7. Assign write permissions for the psacln group on the “inetpub\mailroot\pickup” directory.