How to access MySQL database via Dream weaver?
I am using cPanel for my domain. How to configure Dream-weaver to access MySQL database via FTP.
Kindly follow the steps below to enable “Remote MySQL” connection.
1. Login to your cPanel
2. Go to Database
3. Select on “Remote MySQL”
4. Enter the “Host name”
Note: Host name should be ipaddress or DOMAINNAME.COM. (e.g. if the IP address is 22.214.171.124 then enter 203.56.23.% or backtoflowers.com.sg). You can find the IP address of your local machine from “http://www.whatiswmyip.com/”
Now try to connect your DreamWeaver. Follow the steps below.
Open MySql-Front and follow the instructions below:
1. File > Connection
2. Click New
3. Enter the name of the connection (e,g, domain name)
4. Go to the â€œConnectionâ€ tab
5. Enter the Hostname
6. Go to the â€œLoginâ€ tab
7. Enter your Username and Password (Optional: select save password)
Note: You should be able to click on the icon for â€œDatabaseâ€ and find the one you are looking for, or enter this information. However this is optional and should work without this. Once youâ€™ve entered the required information press â€œOKâ€ and you should connect and see your MySQL tables.
1. Open the site manager
2. Go to â€œTesting Serverâ€
3. Server Model = â€œPHP MySQLâ€
4. Access = â€œFTPâ€
5. FTP Host = ftp..com
6. Host Directory = Folder where the site is (e.g. public_html, public_html/dir)
7. Login = Username for the domain (not the MySQL username)
8. Password = Password for the domain (not the MySQL username)
9. !Important URL Prefix = Domain name (e.g. http://domainname.com)
Note: If you have a .htaccess file on the part of your server you have set as the â€œHTTP Addressâ€ you will need to disable it in order for Dreamweaver to access that address.
1. Go to the â€œApplicationâ€ section and go to â€œDatabasesâ€ (Window > Databases)
2. Click the â€œ+â€ followed by â€œMySQL Connectionâ€
3. Enter the name of the connection (e.g. domain name)
4. For MySQL server enter â€œlocalhostâ€ (without the quotes)
5. Enter the Username and Password
6. For â€œDatabaseâ€ enter the Table Name you want to connect to
7. Press â€œOKâ€
After the setup, if you are receive ‘An unidentified error has occurred’ error when attempting to connect to your database, or other troubles when connecting, follow these steps:
1. Open your ftp program
2. Go into the root folder of your site (the “Host directory” set in dreamweaver)
3. Look for a folder named _mmServerScripts
If it’s there
1. Delete _mmServerScripts
2. Attempt to connect with dreamweaver again
3. Dreamweaver should now create the new directory and it’s contents
If it’s not there
1. Create _mmServerScripts directory
2. Go to your dreamweaver install directory and then Configuration\Connections\Scripts\PHP_MySQL\_mmDBS cripts
3. Upload MMHTTPDB.php and mysql.php to the _mmServerScripts directory on your server